Saturday, September 8, 2012

When We're Helping We're Happy

Trying to teach children responsibility can be a very trying task.  There are times when I work side by side with them, and others where I just do it myself.  I know I need to be better at having them do it, Jeremiah tells me this all the time. ;)  I have tried several different types of job charts, but I am thinking I want to blend a list of jobs to do with the outcomes of doing the jobs.  That is still a work in progress in my mind.  It looks beautiful in my mind, just getting it out and tangible, that is another story.

Here are some of the jobs they already do:



Wiping down light switches


Making beds


Cleaning Rooms

So whatever I do decide to come up with I will update here on the blog, as some way to keep me accountable for this project.






1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean! I have been thinking about a fun way to try and get my kids to help clean more consistently. When I first read this post I was waiting for paint to dry on my newest attempt at a chore chart. I'm hoping it's fun for the kids. It's still a work in progress and I hope it works! Good luck at yours!

    ReplyDelete