Thursday, September 6, 2012

The First Day of School

What better place to start a blog than the first day of school for my kiddos!  Jacob and Emma had been waiting for school to start and had been counting down the days since the end of June.  This year I have chosen to walk the kids to school every morning (as long as it doesn't pour).


Emma could hardly contain her excitement, and Jacob was ready to be the big brother showing her the way.


Out side of York Elementary.



Jacob's teacher this year is Mrs. Simpson.  Her classroom is very warm and inviting.  The first thing they got to do was make a representation of something they did over the summer using clay.  Jacob made Mt. St. Helens and told the class that he got to hike up  the side of it.  He did a great job of it, even made sure the he included the lava dome. :)

Emma went to her class in the afternoon so I drove her that time.  As we stepped out of the car she said, "It's not a dream, I'm really here!"  That enthusiasm dwindled a bit as we went into the classroom.  The girls table she wanted to sit at was full, so she was sitting at a table with boys.  It was a bit off, putting for her.  Yes, I did leave with tears in my eyes.  I wasn't ready for her to go.  I left quickly so she wouldn't see me and start crying too. :) When I picked her up she filled me in on everything they did.  She absolutely loved it and can't wait to go back again on Monday.

It will definitely be different this year with only the two little boys home with me, but it will be a lot of fun.


1 comment:

  1. I bet Emma's going to be full of school stories. How exciting. Enjoy your time with the little ones!

    I'm glad you started a blog. It'll be fun to follow you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete