Thursday, September 27, 2012

When We're Helping, We're Happy- Update

Well, I know I had said I wanted to put something together to incorporate work with rewards, but I found someone else already had one.  Why reinvent the wheel so to speak, right?  Alright, here it is.  I found this site called MyJobChart.com.  It is so well organized.  It did take a bit to get it set up but now it runs awesomely (is that even a word?)

I set up what jobs I want done and when, then add a point value to them.  Each child has their own login and account.  Once they have earned so many points the can go to their point store and spend their points as they choose, this includes an accounting for savings and tithing.  Each point represents one cent.  Rewards can range anywhere from selecting a toy out of the take away bin, to ordering a toy off of Amazon.

So far it is working out pretty well.  Of course, there are still a few hit or miss times, but now that the points have started to be redeemed the kids motivation has really improved.  I love that it isn't an instant reward, which teaches them the ability to "work for something".

Here is the link if you would like to see more about it.My Job Chart

1 comment: