Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Pomeroy Farm




This year I got to go on a field trip.  Jeremiah happened to take the day off that Emma's Kindergarten class went to Pomeroy Farm.  It was such a neat trip.  So many parents showed up to help out that we only had groups of two or three.  All the children were so excited.  It was fun to watch how Emma interacts with her friends and classmates.  The giggling girls, it was so cute.

When we got there we split up into groups.  Our group got to go to the pumpkin field first and pick out our pumpkins.  The kids could pick anything they could carry.


Emma on a search for the perfect pumpkin.  Believe  me this was no quick and easy task!



After picking our pumpkins we went on a hay ride through pumpkin lane.  I feel bad because it was so neat and I completely forgot to get out the camera!  They had pumpkin people ranging from our founding fathers to Batman and Superman.  

Following the hay ride they got to play a couple of games and run through the maze.





Here was a ball in water race.  They had a lot of fun with this relay.  



Then we moved on to see the animals.  We learned a lot about chickens.  They only lay one egg a day, and that is during a good laying season.  Chickens lay better when the days are longer and lighter.  


We even got to feed the chickens some corn.


There were also goats that we got to feed.  Emma, however, didn't want to have anything to do with those teeth coming so close to her hand. :O)


We then got to meet Ham and Bacon.  The kids learned that pigs are raised to be eaten.  Most took that well, but there were a few surprised kiddos on that one.



It was a really fun day at the farm.  I am so glad that Jeremiah had the time off so that I could go with Emma.

* Ok so this has taken a long time to post because I finished the post but didn't save it before my computer powered down.  So half of it was lost.  I finally got over the disappointment and finished it.









1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to go with Emma. What a fun trip. Sorry about you losing your post! That'd be so frustrating. Keep updating, I like to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete