The new year is known to bring about new things. This year, that was definitely the case. A couple of days before the control panel on the oven blew and put the oven completely out of commission. Fortunately we have a few other ways to cook here at the house. When it happened I had a roast in the oven. I was able to move that out to the smoker. Then our new camping stove/oven was used to cook veggies and bake rolls. It was actually cool to be able to use it before summer, and it worked really well. We also used these methods for our New Year's Eve and New Year's Day meals. After the big meal we went out and found a new stove.
On New Year's Eve our family tradition is fondue. The kids absolutely love dipping their food in the cheese and the chocolate. We have cheese fondue for dinner with broccoli, lil'smokies, and garlic French bread. For dessert we have chocolate fondue with marshmallows, angel food cake, strawberries, and pineapple.
I pulled out the punch bowl and cups. They were so excited since we rarely get to use them.
After dinner we played some games on the Wii and started a puzzle to work on while waiting for the ball to drop in Time Square. Since we were staying up so late I set out a bunch of snack to munch on throughout the night. Will and Wes made it to about 10 o'clock. I was surprised they stayed awake that long.
Both Jacob and Emma made it all the way to the new year. We all had so much fun together. Spending time together as a family is what I love to do the most. Building memories and taking mental pictures that my heart will carry forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment