Saturday, May 11, 2013

Jobs Revamped

So I tried the online job chart. And really it is a good system. If I had a tablet or something like that to run it on; it would have been much more effective than my password protected laptop.  So I have been putting a lot of thought into it and kept browsing for different ideas. I came across something on Pinterest. Really it was an organization center for the mom of the house, but a small section of it was designated to the children's responsibilities.  I adapted it slightly to fit my needs and came up with this.


Each day is a different color. The set up is pretty basic. I started out with regular daily personal jobs and then threw in a couple of household responsibilities to round it out. 

I laminated each card so that they can be reused each week. As the jobs are completed hey can be checked off with a Vis-a-Vie pen. 


Finally I used a couple of command hooks to hang them on the wall and voila!  It is complete. 


Now the online chart that I used had a point system linked to various rewards. This time around though, I am just going to make it about getting it done and then having free time. As long as the jobs are done they can participate in the fun activities. I think this way they will have more fun with it anyway. It took so long to build up points just to watch a little show, that "big" rewards like a trip to the park or a date with mommy or daddy was nearly impossible to achieve. Let's see how we do this time around. 


2 comments:

  1. Yeah that's more up my alley; simple and less work for you. No keeping track of points or money. That's how I like to do it. Just say "get your work done first!" And it works pretty well because they can see whats on their charts to do. :)

    ReplyDelete